Monday, January 17, 2011

Girls Weekend! Plus 2 Boys!

Ok, so I had so much to say about purchasing my dress that I wanted to write separately about my girls weekend! So here it goes!

After leaving the bridal store, Melissa and I had lunch at Zaxby's! Having my newly found motivation in hand, I chose a Grilled Chicken House Salad.  I did have ranch dressing, but I did not put that much on there and I DID NOT eat the piece of texas toast it came with! Yay for me! Bread is my weakness.  After lunch Melissa and I headed to Murfreesboro to look for ribbon and jewelry.  The color green I have chosen for my wedding has got to be the most difficult, hard to find color EVER! It is kind a mixture between a lime green and sage.  I like to call it OLIVINE! Back in October, we went to Michaels and found the perfect shade in a satin ribbon.  I needed a swatch for shoe company to dye our shoes.  So we were back to see if they had the ribbon in another size.  But of course they didn't! Next we went to Charming Charlie's to look for bridesmaid jewelry.  Again NO LUCK! I am telling you I picked the most difficult color ever!!!

Ok now on to the best part! Melissa and I were going to McMinnville to see our friend Rachael.  I actually went to high school with Rachael, and all of us girls lived together in college.  Rachael and I always make a tradition for us to see each other when I go to FFA Camp every year.  I did get to see her at camp this past year.  She was about 5 months pregnant with her now 2 month old son, Jacob and she had her daughter, Ashlynn who was just a little over a year old.  When I was in town in October, Melissa and I had dinner with Rachael who was about 8.5 months pregnant with Jacob.  But now we were going to Rachael and Caleb's house for dinner and it would be the first time I got to meet Jacob in person. 

So we made it to McMinnville, that obviously got A LOT of snow because you still could not see the ground in some areas.  When we got to their house Rachael and Caleb came out to greet us.  Rachael was holding Ashlynn (who has gotten so big and looking just like her Momma!)  Ashlynn was talking so much too.  She said "Hey Melissa" and then when she got to me, she got a little confused.  She just could not understand that her name was AshLYNN and my name was AshLEY.  But she eventually got the hang of it and was saying "Hi Ashley" in no time.  Ashlynn took us around her playroom, she quickly started making us cookies and ice cream cones in her new pink kitchen that Santa Claus brought her. Rachael and Caleb also have a dog named Sadie, who is feeling a little left out these days with a 22 month old running around and a new baby in the picture, so when new people come she was excited to have someone to get their attention.

Enter Jacob.  About 20 minutes after we got there, Jacob woke up from his nap! And oh my how he has changed.  I saw a newborn picture of him, a christmas picture, and now a 2 month old baby in real life.  It is amazing how quickly they change.  I wish I had my camera that day (another New Year Resolution - Take more pictures!), because his hair was standing straight up and it stayed that way for the entire time.  Rachael says it has been that way lately and whenever it decides to come down, he is going to look like a different child.  Right now Jacob looks just like his daddy.  I said the same thing about Ashlynn, but now she looks like Rachael.  Later, I saw Jacob's nursery.  I plan on getting him a monogrammable bear like I got Ashlynn.  We went and saw Ashlynn's BIG GIRL room, where she she hid in the closet, she and I had a tea party and read books.  She is so much fun!

Rachael and Caleb were working on dinner which gave Melissa and I plenty of opportunity to play with the babies.  Melissa and I took turns with Jacob.  I just love holding babies! Especially when they are sleeping.  After dinner, we just sat at the table talking.  Caleb actually started putting the dishes away and cleaning, which reminded me a lot of Neil.  He was very kind to let us girls visit and he did the things that needed to be done.  Rachael teaches Middle School science, which is something I could see myself doing, so we talked a lot about her grant project and the new technology she has gotten for her classroom.  Caleb mentioned that there was a Dave Ramsey seminar in Nashville Feb. 5 and he and Rachael were wanting to go.  I think Neil and I are going to go with them.  It would be good for us before getting married. 

Before I knew it, it was 7:00 p.m. and Melissa and I were going to head back to her house.  We said our goodbyes, but I hope another 3 months go by before I get to see them again.  I was always really close to Rachael and I miss seeing her, epecially now since she has children.  Melissa and I listened to the Packers game on the way home.  Rachael and Melissa both are big Packers fans.  When we got to her house we finished watching the game.  Luckily they won!  I was even excited, because I learned that Matt Flynn, who is their 2nd string quarterback plays for them.  He even played the last 4 minutes of the game.  He was LSU's quarterback in 2007 when they won the National Championship.  Geaux Tigers!

Sunday came quickly and it was time for me to leave.  I had a fabulous time with my girls, as well as the two boys!  Rachael and Melissa are such good friends and seeing them more would be so nice.  If God ever leads me to teach in Middle Tennessee, I won't be too upset.=)  Friends are an important thing to have.  Hang on to the ones you have that are close.  Good one's are hard to come by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment